BE OUR NEXT COVER HOODIE DESIGNER
Contest Name: Be Our Next Cover Hoodie Designer (“Contest”)
Sponsor: Playboy Enterprises International, Inc.,10960 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 2200 Los Angeles, CA 90024 (“Sponsor”)
The Contest hosted by Sponsor is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- ENTRANT ELIGIBILITY. An "Entrant" is a person who (i) is a legal resident of the United States (excluding residents of Puerto Rico, U.S. territories, possessions and wherever prohibited by law), (ii) is at least eighteen (18) years old and has reached the age of majority in the state in which the individual resides as of the time of entering the Contest, and (iii) complies with the Method of Entry & Entry Requirements in Section 4 below. Officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, partners, employees, agents, and representatives of Sponsor and its affiliated entities, as well as, members of Sponsor’s immediate families (parents, siblings, children and spouses, regardless of where they live), and those persons living in the same household with such persons, whether related or not, are ineligible to enter.
- ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:00:01 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on July 22, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on July 23, 2021 (the "Entry Period").
- DISQUALIFICATION. Without limitation, an Entrant may be disqualified, at Sponsor's sole discretion, if (i) Entrant has a pending arrest or conviction for a felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, (ii) Entrant is subject to a restraining order; (iii) Entrant fails to meet the Method of Entry & Entry Requirements in Section 4; or (iv) Entrant violates or fails to comply with these Official Rules.
- METHOD OF ENTRY & ENTRY REQUIREMENTS. Entry to the Contest is limited to one (1) entry per Entrant/person. To enter the Contest, you must provide a comment or “rabbit emoji” on one of Sponsor’s social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram) where designated and post/publish an image or video of Entrant wearing a hoodie apparel item (preferably one with Sponsor’s name or logo) (the “Entry Content”) on Entrant’s social media tagging Sponsor (i.e., @Playboy). Individuals must provide all of the foregoing required information and Entry Content in order to be granted one (1) entry into the Contest. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. Third party entry and/or entry through a Contest service is not permitted. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and no entry will be acknowledged or returned.
Entrants represent and warrant that any information and Entry Content submitted or provided by Entrant will not infringe the intellectual property rights, copyrights, trademark rights, or other proprietary of any third parties, individual, or entities. Furthermore, Entrants assume all responsibility for any information and Entry Content provided to Sponsor that may include third party content, images, pictures or other elements (like video, audio, logos, and etc.) and Entrant agrees to provide any legal releases for use of such third party elements or content if requested by Sponsor.
Entrant understands and acknowledges that Sponsor reserves the right to reject any submitted information or Entry Content that Sponsor may deem to be objectionable, profane, obscene, morally depraved, or otherwise in violation of these Official Rules.
- GRANT OF LICENSE. By entering the Contest, Entrants grant Sponsor, its agents, subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Licensees”) a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, database rights and any other rights Entrants have in the Entry Content, in any media now known or hereafter devised (including without limitation, the internet), without any compensation. Further, by entering the Contest, Entrant grants Licensees the additional license to modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute the content (with the understanding that Licensees are under no obligation to do so), or incorporate the Entry Content into any form, medium or technology, including the right, at each Licensee’s sole discretion, to publish the Entry Content and to use the Entry for advertising and promotional purposes. Licensees shall not be required to designate Entrant as the creator or author of the Entry Content that is distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees, or include any references to entrant on, or in connection with, any Entry Content that is distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees.
- SELECTION OF WINNER & NOTIFICATION. One (1) winner (“Winner”) will be selected by a panel of Sponsor’s marketing and product teams. Sponsor will select the Winner within forty-eight (48) hours from the end of the Entry Period. Sponsor will determine at its sole reasonable discretion if any Winner is qualified and eligible. If a Winner is disqualified or ineligible for any reason, such as residing in a location where the Contest is prohibited or restricted by law, then an alternate may be chosen. Sponsor will contact the Winner using the contact information provided by Entrant when entering the Contest and/or direct messaging the Winner through Winner’s applicable social media account. Winner may be required to complete, sign and return a certificate or affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, and, where lawful, a publicity release within five (5) calendar days of notification. In the event of failure to return the documents and/or requested information, or the return of any prize notification as being undeliverable, Winner will forfeit the applicable prize and an alternate winner may be selected by Sponsor in the same manner as the original selection process. All decisions of Sponsor are final. Odds of winning the prize are dependent upon number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE. The Winner will receive the opportunity to collaborate with Sponsor on co-designing a “Playboy Hoodie” apparel item which may thereafter be manufactured and sold by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Once contacted by Sponsor and Winner has confirmed acceptance of the foregoing prize, Winner will provide Sponsor with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number, social security number or equivalent in order to proceed with discussions with Sponsor about Winner’s contractual engagement. Sponsor will then provide Winner a design services agreement (“Agreement”) that will include Sponsor’s standard terms and conditions and compensation for a work-for-hire engagement of this type. In the event that Winner does not elect to proceed or sign the Agreement, then Sponsor will terminate discussions and Sponsor will have no liability or remaining obligations to Winner whatsoever. The prize is not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. No cash or other prize substitution will be permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor, its parent and affiliated companies, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, the Licensees, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, and directors (collectively, “Sponsor Releasees”) will not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to Entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) Entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Contest or claiming a prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of any Winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Contest or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be: (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, or with any website promoting the Contest; (ii) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (iii) entering or attempting to enter the Contest multiple times through the use of multiple email addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Contest, including the entire Contest, and/or modify the Contest and/or award any prize from all eligible entries received as of the termination date. ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR OR IN ANY WAY TAMPER WITH, DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; RELEASE. Sponsor Releasees and their respective employees, agents and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) will not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience, or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (i) by any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission of any third party, or (ii) by any cause, condition, or event beyond the control of the Released Parties, including, without limitation, any act of God, war, terrorism, riot, hurricane or fire. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT FULLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASES, DISCHARGES AND HOLDS HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, COSTS, EXPENSES, ATTORNEY’S FEES, DAMAGES AND OTHER LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ENTRANT'S PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST AND CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITIES (SUCH AS ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION BUT TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, DEMANDS, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION FOR NEGLIGENCE, DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH), PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF CONSORTIUM, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PUNITIVE DAMAGES AND ALL OTHER FORMS OF CLAIMS, LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION. All disputes arising under or relating to the Contest and/or these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of California, without regard for conflicts of laws principles. All disputes arising under or relating to the Contest and/or these Official Rules shall be submitted to and resolved by binding arbitration in Los Angeles, California, any award shall be confirmed in the courts situated in Los Angeles County, California. The arbitration shall be conducted on a confidential basis pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any decision or award as a result of any such arbitration proceeding shall be in writing and shall provide an explanation for all conclusions of law and fact and shall include the assessment of costs, expenses, and reasonable attorneys’ fees. Any such arbitration shall include a written record of the arbitration hearing.
- WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES. To obtain a copy of the Official Rules and identification of the Winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor at the address set forth above. All such requests must be received within four (4) weeks after the end of the Contest.